Yellow Coneflower and False Solomon’s Seal are broad-spectrum, vitally nourishing tonic herbal remedies that may support digestion, circulation, respiration, and immunity. Rain or Shine formula combines these two harmonious allies, expressing relative balance between the natural elemental qualities, that may help to sustain general feelings of health and well-being.
Yellow Coneflower and False Solomon’s Seal are moderately warming, aromatic-stimulants that may enhance life-energy capacity of elemental Fire to relieve coldness and cleanse toxicity from infection. They may promote relief from mild digestive irritability, common colds, flu, and fever, congestion of mucus and difficulty in breathing, as well as microbial infection and inflammation.
Our intuited understanding of how the natural qualities of herbs may express the five elements, and their applications, with examples of representative remedies that we offer at Wild Herbal:
- Soothing, mucilaginous-demulcents may enhance moisturizing effects of Water to relieve dryness and nourish mucus membranes, e.g. False Solomon’s Seal, Mullein
- Warming, aromatic-stimulants may enhance life-energy capacity of Fire to relieve coldness and cleanse toxicity from infection, e.g. Lomatium, Yerba Mansa, Yellow Coneflower
- Drying, tannin-rich astringents may enhance inner strength of Earth to relieve dampness and protect against potential infection, e.g. Black Walnut, Red Root, Yellow Dock
- Cooling, bitter-relaxants may enhance life-energy movement of Air to relieve heat and clear away feelings of physical discomfort, e.g. Silk Tassel, Blue Vervain, Oregon grape
- Inspiring, floral herbs may enhance subtle awareness of Ether to balance mental states and remove obstacles in personal growth, e.g. Datura, Betony, Blue Vervain, Wild Cherry
Prayer: I am grateful for the elements that I connect with in nature as aspects of myself.
Yellow Coneflower (Rudbeckia laciniata)
Yellow Coneflower grows tender aromatic roots in Earth, planting itself near willows of Water. The herb grows tall with branching stems in Air, displaying golden petaled-flowers like Fire of solar rays, and embodying an Etheric, or heavenly presence that awakens the senses. This profile reveals a harmonious ally, with the elements of nature in a relatively balanced state.
Yellow Coneflower shares similar immune-stimulating constituents with Echinacea, a closely related botanical and remedy that may promote the immune system response to infection.
Tonic use of Yellow Coneflower may support digestion, circulation, respiration, and immunity.
Herbal actions of Yellow Coneflower may promote relief from:
- Mild digestive irritability (stomachic digestive aid)
- Common colds, flu, and fever (toxicity-cleansing diaphoretic and diuretic)
- Congestion of mucus and difficulty in breathing (respiratory expectorant)
- Microbial infection or inflammation (antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory)
- Women’s menstrual pain (emmenagogue)
Natural elemental qualities of Yellow Coneflower may enhance:
- Fire, life-energy capacity (warming, aromatic-stimulant)
- Air, movement of life-energy (cooling, bitter-relaxant)
CAUTION: Avoid during pregnancy.
False Solomon's Seal (Maianthemum racemosum)
False Solomon’s Seal grows tender aromatic roots in Earth, holding soothing mucilage of Water. The herb appears under the cool, shaded Air of dense forest, bursting through shade to seek Fire in the sun’s radiance, and embodying an Etheric, or heavenly presence that awakens the senses. This profile reveals a harmonious ally, with the elements of nature in a relatively balanced state.
False Solomon's Seal shares similar tonic use and herbal actions with Yellow Coneflower (see above), but without the emmenagogue action of that herb.
False Solomon’s Seal shares the natural quality of elemental Fire with Yellow Coneflower, and may enhance moisturizing effects of elemental Water, as a soothing, mucilaginous-demulcent.
Keywords: wild; herbal medicine; spagyric tincture; wild harvested; wild crafted; organic; alchemy; handcrafted; Rain or Shine; Yellow Coneflower; False Solomon’s Seal; broad-spectrum; vitally nourishing; tonic herbal remedies; support; digestion; circulation; respiration; immunity; harmonious ally; balance; natural; sustain; health; well-being; warming, aromatic-stimulant; enhance life-energy capacity; elemental Fire; relieve coldness; cleanse toxicity; promote relief; mild digestive irritability; common colds; flu; fever; congestion of mucus; breathing; microbial infection; inflammation. soothing, mucilaginous-demulcent; moisturizing effects; Water; dryness; nourish mucus membranes; drying, tannin-rich astringents; Earth; inner strength; dampness; protect; cooling, bitter-relaxants; movement; Air; heat; clear; feelings of physical discomfort; inspiring; floral herb; subtle awareness; Ether; mental states; remove obstacles; personal growth; prayer; grateful; connect; nature; roots; heavenly; senses; Echinacea; immune-stimulating; immune system response; constituents; stomachic; digestive aid; toxicity-cleansing; diaphoretic; diuretic; respiratory; expectorant; antimicrobial; anti-inflammatory; women’s menstrual pain; emmenagogue