Pau d’Arco Bark (Tabebuia heptaphylla)
Spagyric. Wildcrafted Ingredient.
Pau d’Arco, or Lapacho Tree, is a native tree to the rain forests of Central and South America. The inner bark has traditionally been utilized as a medicine of many tribes since the times of the Inca. It also has a reputation as being a durable and strong wood used to construct favorable hunting bows. It seems to be of no coincidence that such a strong plant could foster such a remarkable tendency to act upon the human body’s immune system. Further investigation leads us to find the beautifully vibrant pink blossoms of Pau d’ Arco as a symbol of peace, prayer, and well-being.
Tastes are aromatic and bitter. Energies are drying and cooling.
Pau d'Arco has also traditionally been used, in the following ways, to:
- enhance innate immunity (immune stimulant)
- protect against bacterial, fungal, or viral infections (antimicrobial)
- enhance liver detoxification/ promote blood purification (liver stimulant)
- promote relief from mild digestive irritability (laxative)
- support the digestive system (tonic)
- promote relief from general inflammation (anti-inflammatory)
- promote relief from common aches or pain (analgesic)
- promote relief from respiratory congestion (expectorant)
- strengthen, tighten, or tone body tissues (astringent)
- and, lower blood pressure (hypotensive).
CAUTION: Avoid during pregnancy.
Keywords: wild; herbal medicine; spagyric tincture; wild harvested; wild crafted; organic; alchemy; handcrafted; inner strength; Pau d’Arco inner bark; Amazon rain forest; Central, and South America; Inca; aromatic; bitter; drying; cooling; immune stimulant; antimicrobial; liver stimulant; laxative; tonic; anti-inflammatory; analgesic; expectorant; astringent; hypotensive; enhance immunity; protect against bacterial, fungal, or viral infection; liver detoxification; blood purification; relief from digestive irritability; support digestive system; relief from inflammation; relief from aches or pain; relief from respiratory congestion; strengthen or tone body tissues; lower blood pressure